• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry litter pickup in Slidell, LA on November 21th, at 9am

Slidell Jim

Regular Member
Joined
Sep 29, 2009
Messages
177
Location
Slidell, La
imported post

see the LA forum here;
Code:
http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum26/34050.html
There will be an open carry litter pickup in Slidell on November 21th, at 9am. Anyone from the MS coast area or up I-59 that are interested, please come join in the event. The meet up will be at the Slidell Hobby Lobby parking lot. The goal of this litter pickup is to promote public awareness about open carry and community service clean up.

Where: Slidell La, 1555 Gause Blvd, front of the parking lot near Gause Blvd. (about 2 blocks from I-10)
When: November 21th, 9a.m. till Noon
What to bring: trash grabbers (the stick with the pinchers on the end), walking shoes, your choice of sidearm and holster, drinks, video cameras
Will be provided: trash bags, disposable latex gloves



edit: add video camera
 

Bill Starks

State Researcher
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
4,310
Location
Nortonville, KY, USA
imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
Why are some OC'ers so fixated on picking up other people's trash?
Because of the great company it brings, the chance to be outside as well as having great signs like these erected....
 

error

Regular Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2007
Messages
21
Location
Manchester, New Hampshire, USA
imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
mark edward marchiafava wrote:
Why are some OC'ers so fixated on picking up other people's trash?
Because of the great company it brings, the chance to be outside as well as having great signs like these erected....
We've done a lot of these up in New Hampshire (you may have heard about them). They're a great way to get pro-OC news coverage in a non-threatening, community-friendly way. Make sure you let the local news orgs know, at least a day beforehand.
 

PAPACHUCK

Regular Member
Joined
May 24, 2006
Messages
37
Location
, Louisiana, USA
imported post

First, Slidell is in La., not Ms.

Second, I'd love to be there, but I have to work that day.

Third, I hope a lot of people attend, a good message could be sent to the anti's.



I open carry around Slidell often and have never had any negative feedback by the local PD or SO.
 

Benndale_Ms_OC

New member
Joined
Aug 13, 2009
Messages
9
Location
Benndale, Mississippi, USA
imported post

I'm from Ms and I am planning on making this event. The only thing stopping me is being called in to work, wich is unavoidable:cuss:. Hope to see and meet many other OC Members!

Nivrat
 

Benndale_Ms_OC

New member
Joined
Aug 13, 2009
Messages
9
Location
Benndale, Mississippi, USA
imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
What a concept !!!
Give up your weekend off to go pick up trash thrown out by the very people who, as a whole, violate your right to carry.
Why didn't I think of that sooner?
Yea, sitting at a keyboard firing off negative comments to those of us who are making a positive impact is truly a respectible concept!:celebrateBut I don't mind.... I will be out picking up trash of any and all types while OC, and I will have a great day and feel better about my life and Country!
 
Joined
May 19, 2007
Messages
2,271
Location
baton rouge, Louisiana, USA
imported post

" ........and I will have a great day and feel better about my life and my country."

Words of a truly perfect slave, one who THINKS he's free, out picking up trash thrown down by the very persons who intend on enslaving him and depriving him of one of the very basic rights of man.
 

Mike

Site Co-Founder
Joined
May 13, 2006
Messages
8,710
Location
Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
" ........and I will have a great day and feel better about my life and my country."

Words of a truly perfect slave, one who THINKS he's free, out picking up trash thrown down by the very persons who intend on enslaving him and depriving him of one of the very basic rights of man.
You iss the point - we are in an information war.
 
Joined
May 19, 2007
Messages
2,271
Location
baton rouge, Louisiana, USA
imported post

No, Mike, I do not "iss the point."

I am well aware of the intentional ignorance which permeates the land.
Jesus said "the poor will be with you ALWAYS." I guess He failed to mention the
intentionally-ignorant would be right there alongside the poor.

Continue waging a futile war to achieve the impossible.
Even IF the majority finally were taught concerning the God-given right, not privilege, to bear arms, it wouldn't matter. They STILL wouldn't want you to do so, as it offends their sense of right and wrong.

We're waging a war, alright, but it's not against ignorance.
The REAL war is against those around us who REFUSE to respect our rights.
Books are not the weapons needed.
 

tntorqu

Regular Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2009
Messages
89
Location
Covington, Louisiana, USA
imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
No, Mike, I do not "iss the point."

I am well aware of the intentional ignorance which permeates the land.
Jesus said "the poor will be with you ALWAYS." I guess He failed to mention the
intentionally-ignorant would be right there alongside the poor.

Continue waging a futile war to achieve the impossible.
Even IF the majority finally were taught concerning the God-given right, not privilege, to bear arms, it wouldn't matter. They STILL wouldn't want you to do so, as it offends their sense of right and wrong.

We're waging a war, alright, but it's not against ignorance.
The REAL war is against those around us who REFUSE to respect our rights.
Books are not the weapons needed.
So what you saying is kill every person that dont like open carriers. What are you trying to get at?
 
Joined
May 19, 2007
Messages
2,271
Location
baton rouge, Louisiana, USA
imported post

Nobody said anything about killing anyone.

When it's more than obvious the majority of people do not intend to allow you to exercise your right, all the "education" in the world isn't going to sway most of 'em.

You protect/restore a right by exercising a right. The more the better.
An ARMED march on a regular basis should do it.
While you're not going to win over the Great, Ignorant Masses, you'll serve notice on them you are not interested in negotiating your rights away. Who knows? You may actually add a few serious OC'ers to your ranks.
Forget being in the majority, it'll never happen.
 

turbodog

Regular Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2009
Messages
566
Location
Independence, Louisiana, USA
imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
Nobody said anything about killing anyone.

When it's more than obvious the majority of people do not intend to allow you to exercise your right, all the "education" in the world isn't going to sway most of 'em.

You protect/restore a right by exercising a right. The more the better.
An ARMED march on a regular basis should do it.
While you're not going to win over the Great, Ignorant Masses, you'll serve notice on them you are not interested in negotiating your rights away. Who knows? You may actually add a few serious OC'ers to your ranks.
Forget being in the majority, it'll never happen.

A "majority" of the people don't seem to care wether we carry or not. If they did, just based on the number of OCer's on these boards, there should be thousands of MWAG calls all over the country every day. There isn't.So don't go off saying a "majority of people" do not intend to allow me anything. I'll bet a "majority" don't care or assume I'm a LEO. In either case, they're good with it.

You say that we "protect/restore a right by exercising a right" and "the more the better" yet you dismiss our efforts for a group of OCer's to go out on a litter pickup. WTF?

All we're looking for is to not be considered an oddball or a threat to public safety for choosing self defense over victimhood. I don't care if they choose not to carry, just leave me the hell alone if I choose to do so. And that statement is targeted at those do-goody, itchy phone fingered, anti-gun liberal types, NOT the average citizens. It's those people, the ones with some common sense, that OCer's try to reach out to with the message that they too, can do this, that it's a right and properthing. Some we do add to our ranks by this, via in person or through this and other sites, you know this yourself.

Majority? I never expect that. I'll be content with more of the common sense types becoming willing to tell the anti's to shut up and go away cuz the carriers aren't bothering them.
 

LA Confederate

Regular Member
Joined
Jul 9, 2009
Messages
238
Location
Hammond Area, LA, ,
imported post

Here's my question...if Mark is so negative about any effort to promote OC that he does not come up with, what does the anointed one suggest we do to promote it? I know you said in general terms a "march" but that's too vague to be a plausible idea.

If you're suggesting that we have an organized march with open carry of firearms you'd better be very specific as to where you do so. Oh and good luck getting law enforcement to sign off on your permit that you must get to assemble (also thanks to the Rosa Parks crowd as you promote in the other thread.)
 
Top