• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC at Sears

rady8um

Regular Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2006
Messages
112
Location
Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, USA
imported post

OC'd at Sears today. Two sales people were engaged in a conversation near the refrigerators. As I walked past both of them, I smiled and gave a little nod. They both said hello and then looked down at thepistol.

*POOF* they were gone. As I continued searchingfor a water filter, I looked up to seeone of themwatching me from about 25 feet away, acting as if she was doing something worked related. As soon as I made eye contact, she turned and walked away. I was with my five year old, so I guess I looked safe enough to watch, butnot worth a call to security.

Well, I couldn't match the filter, so I headed for the door. I was pretty sure I was going to have a hard time finding help.

It was an amusing 15 minutes.
 

LoveMyCountry

State Researcher
Joined
Oct 20, 2006
Messages
590
Location
Ocean Shores, WA
imported post

You may want to let the store manager know about this. The employees may not know that Open Carry is legal and safe and that the sales associatescan actually provide service to the customer.

It is possible that these employees play the old game of "I get paid the same whether I help you or not so I choose -NOT!", in which case they need to dealt with as well.

Back when I worked at Sears, you would have needed your gun just to get out of the store without buying an extended warranty on a pack of gum! :p

LoveMyCountry
 

rady8um

Regular Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2006
Messages
112
Location
Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, USA
imported post

LoveMyCountry wrote:
You may want to let the store manager know about this. The employees may not know that Open Carry is legal and safe and that the sales associatescan actually provide service to the customer.

It is possible that these employees play the old game of "I get paid the same whether I help you or not so I choose -NOT!", in which case they need to dealt with as well.

Back when I worked at Sears, you would have needed your gun just to get out of the store without buying an extended warranty on a pack of gum! :p

LoveMyCountry


I didn't have lot of time today, so I didn't want to start a discussion with a manager. I bought the refrigerator at Home Depot, so I may go there to match the filter.

Normally, the people at this Sears are very helpful. I may go back while CC'ing just to see if they actually do comeandask if I need help.
 

Mike

Site Co-Founder
Joined
May 13, 2006
Messages
8,709
Location
Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
imported post

rady8um wrote:
LoveMyCountry wrote:
You may want to let the store manager know about this. The employees may not know that Open Carry is legal and safe and that the sales associatescan actually provide service to the customer.

It is possible that these employees play the old game of "I get paid the same whether I help you or not so I choose -NOT!", in which case they need to dealt with as well.

Back when I worked at Sears, you would have needed your gun just to get out of the store without buying an extended warranty on a pack of gum! :p

LoveMyCountry

I didn't have lot of time today, so I didn't want to start a discussion with a manager. I bought the refrigerator at Home Depot, so I may go there to match the filter.

Normally, the people at this Sears are very helpful. I may go back while CC'ing just to see if they actually do comeandask if I need help.

No reason to talk to the manager - you shopped and were not hassled - exactly what you want - why rub it in their face unless there is a problem?

That's like calling the police to ask if OC is legal when you already know its legal.
 

LoveMyCountry

State Researcher
Joined
Oct 20, 2006
Messages
590
Location
Ocean Shores, WA
imported post

Mike wrote:
rady8um wrote:
LoveMyCountry wrote:
You may want to let the store manager know about this. The employees may not know that Open Carry is legal and safe and that the sales associatescan actually provide service to the customer.

It is possible that these employees play the old game of "I get paid the same whether I help you or not so I choose -NOT!", in which case they need to dealt with as well.

Back when I worked at Sears, you would have needed your gun just to get out of the store without buying an extended warranty on a pack of gum! :p

LoveMyCountry

I didn't have lot of time today, so I didn't want to start a discussion with a manager. I bought the refrigerator at Home Depot, so I may go there to match the filter.

Normally, the people at this Sears are very helpful. I may go back while CC'ing just to see if they actually do comeandask if I need help.

No reason to talk to the manager - you shopped and were not hassled - exactly what you want - why rub it in their face unless there is a problem?

That's like calling the police to ask if OC is legal when you already know its legal.

Correction, he shopped and was snubbed, ignored and hidden from. Just because he wasn't hassled doesn't mean what they did was correct. If they did the same thing to an unarmed black man, I would think that it was due to race. Why is their behavioracceptable? Would you think it was okay if a waitress never came to your table when you were open carrying, but took care of everyone else?

Please note that I didn't say to have them fired. I said that they needed to be educated.
The employees may not know that Open Carry is legal and safe and that the sales associatescan actually provide service to the customer.

LoveMyCountry
 
Top