• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Traveling by Car Thru KS.....


Regular Member
Apr 8, 2009
San Antonio
imported post

Sometime around Jan-Feb time frame I'll be traveling thru KS, on my way to south Georgia. Just want to make sure I'm legal while I'm in the car. Not planning on any stops other than gas and food.

What is the legal way (ways) to transport in my car?

And no, I don't possess a current permit from any state.

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance.


New member
May 17, 2010
, ,
imported post

I know I'm late on this reply for his question, but wouldn't the update from 2005 apply to transport across the state? In any city or town.

"No person shall be prosecuted under any ordinance, resolution
or regulation for transporting a firearm in any air, land or water vehicle
if the firearm is unloaded and encased in a container which completely
encloses the firearm."

So unloaded "in a plastic ziplock bag", as state senator Phill Journey put it, would work. The magazine can be in the bag, or not. Correction requested if something new has passed.